Blast-Proof, Highly Defensible Security Door
- Iris design transfers impact and blast loads uniformly to the frame. Battering rams are ineffective.
- The door retains full strength even when partly open.
- Partial opening allows for security check while maintaining cover and a clear line of fire.
- Door can be operated manually, electrically, or hydraulically.
- If used as a vehicular gate, is instantaneously effective as soon as closing starts, because it rises from the bottom.
- Unlike other diaphragm designs, can be closed fully without added mechanical complexity.
- Can be equipped with positive compression seals.
Back, showing ring and leaves, cover removed.
Front, showing leaves and overlaps, cover removed.
Design considerations governing rate of opening.